Hey there fellow artsy types - just wanted to let you know that I won't be blogging for a week cuz I'm off to the Smokey Mountains for my second honeymoon with Michael! We were married just a year ago, but we decided then that we were going to go on a honeymoon every year - and we're doing it! Here's a pic from our first honeymoon - October 2007 in California:

We both have really busy lives, and Michael works a swing shift, so it's going to be a treat to have a whole week to spend together - 24/7! No one can make me laugh like Michael can! We are going to keep a journal and take lots of pics and make another goofy video like we did last year - Yeay!
Before I leave tho - I want to share my new October Crop Suey projects with you. I posted these on the Crop Suey blog yesterday, but in case you missed them, here they are again:
So, I've been making my own calendar/planner pages right in my art journal this year; and I made my October page with Bree's "Want Smore?" October kit. The colors are perfect for fall! Here's what it looks like:

Everything is from the kit, except for the plaid ribbon, white cardstock and brown paint. The 13 in bingo numbers represents the date of our 1st wedding anniversary! I added white doodles around some of the title letters and put them on a piece of the map that came with the kit, just to make them pop a little more. The leaves, acorns and cars are cut from the patterned paper, and I added some brown paint to the left side and around the edges to give it a more distressed feel. It's so much more fun using a calendar when you can add your own personality to it!
The second project I did with the kit is this ATC card. I got the idea that I want to do a series of ATC cards - one to represent each Crop Suey kit that I work with as a design team member; and this is the first one I've made:

Everything is from the kit except the plain cardstock and the word stamps. I think I will probably punch a hole in one corner and string them onto a ring of some sort.
Here's a layout I just finished tonight. This is a pic from our family vacation this year. It's my hubby Michael and his daughter Becca. I just love this pic of the two of them:

Everything is from the kit, except the green thickers and the plain cardstock. I have been just loving using bits and pieces of the map page in this kit. Here, I used them as part of the circle flowers on the left-hand side of the layout. The strip of black and white stripes is cut from the packaging that the alphas came in. I couldn't resist - I LOVE the design of it, and I personally believe that you can add a little black and white stripe to any design to give it a little extra pop. Oh, and I just noticed that the strip is crooked, but I'm choosing to believe that adds character to the layout, right? Umm - yeah. :0)
That's it for now, but there will be plenty to share when I get back - I'd love it if you check in next Wednesday.
Til then - have a great week and happy scrapping!
You have read this article with the title I'm off for Honeymoon Two, but first some projects to share.... You can bookmark this page URL https://playing-home.blogspot.com/2008/10/i-off-for-honeymoon-two-but-first-some.html. Thanks!
No comment for "I'm off for Honeymoon Two, but first some projects to share..."
Post a Comment