Living life day by day. Every day is a gift - playing-home.blogspot.com -

Our birth story !

Cheesenrice,gotdandruffsomeofititches....holyshitmothermaryofgod!
(That is a little bit of how we feel since coming home)

BUT FIRST !
The birth story.


Went to my last appointment on Friday. Headed to dinner at the parents house (kind of my last hoorah) to drop Syd off for the weekend. Started having REALLY MEAN contractions on the way to mom and dads. I said screw this I'm getting my home cooked meal. Ate through contractions. Stayed for dessert. ;)
Took the boys home, Jan was already pushing me to head to the hospital. (she don't want no boys born on the road) We went home and I have to admit I was expecting them to come soon too.

We put the boys to bed, packed up, made our bed (because that's important and since it hasn't been MADE MADE for 6 months we felt it important WTF)
Got to the hospital at 11:30 pm. My FAVORITE nurse was charge nurse that night. I was ECSTATIC. She is so fun. Dr. Hottie was doc in the box, so she was on at the hospital for next 24 hrs. (how lucky could we be...oh and it just so happens that the kids pediatrician was on call this weekend as well)
It really was as if the stars lined up for us.

After checking me in and deciding to keep me. We were settling in for the night.
Tim our favorite camera man was there with us. We really like him and feel very comfortable with him so all was good and I was happy.

They broke my water at 12:30am. I was on the pit. it seems like at 2:30 am I received my epidural and OMG how miserable. I had to lay on my side (never had to lay down before) and it was HORRIBLY uncomfortable. Plus I was contracting on top of that and they were KILLING me. Soon the relief set in and again, all was good.
Nate's heart rate dropped and they put oxygen on me and I got slightly scared and was imagining a c-section, trying to wrap my mind around the possibility...you know, just in case.

About 3:15 am we were thinking it was time to rest.
Our nurse came in at 3:39am and with a total poker face checked me. I remember thinking, DAMN I'm still a 5. She then said, "you are an 8, I am going to go set up a bed."
(I have to deliver in the O.R in case of a c-section)

THE SECOND she walked out the door, I felt pressure. I mean, lots of pressure. I kept saying, "I'm feeling lots of pressure...I think she needs to come back"
Finally I pushed the nurses call button and told them "it's tiiiiiiiiiiime"!

It felt like it took her a long time to come back but when she came in and checked me there was no poker face about it. I was complete and +2 station. She wheeled me down the hall at a speed of light. Everyone set up and only after a few pushes, at 4:24am Nathan joined the world, all 6lbs of him.
They laid him on my chest and the first thing that I thought was, he looks JUST LIKE Spencer.

They took him away and cleaned him up and it was off to the 2nd baby.
He had his umbilical cord swimming over his head in his unbroken bag of waters, his one arm was up over his head and his other arm was wrapped around his face.
The doctor pinched fingers and maneuvered with the cord to get him in to position.
I pushed and pushed and nothing. He was turning his head and looking for the light. :)
We rested and pushed for 30 minutes and FINALLY, after turning and adjusting his head 3 times, Ryan came out screaming and red at 4:54, weighing in at a whopping 7lbs 9oz.
He looked a bit like Cam and we thought it was funny how much they paired off with their brothers.

They couldn't get the bleeding to stop and so my stomach was kneaded like a ball of dough.
I was given drugs and more massage until they felt good about it. Well, there was some deep massage going on in recovery AFTER the epidural had completely worn off and FOR THE LOVE OF GOD ! It hurt SOOOOO bad.

I got the shakes after as well. I have had them during delivery but never after. I seized (or so it felt like) for almost an hour. My muscles and mind were exhausted.
I got SUPER ITCHY just after being wheeled to my room. I got itchy with the first set after my epidural was placed, apparently very normal, but not after delivery ???
I also got SUPER nauseous as well. I felt like throwing up right after. Again ????
I THOUGHT the swelling I had during my pregnancy was awful. and it was. but I had NO IDEA what water retention could really do until after. My ENTIRE BODY is swollen worse than woody wood pecker at the Macy's Day parade. I mean. S-W-O-L-L-E-N.
We are talking elephantitis of the extremities and face. It is unreal as to how much water my body is holding on to. Apparently it will go away in a week to 2 weeks. Let us take a moment and pray that 1 week will be my magic number.

Everyone was AWESOME. The nurses took SUCH GOOD CARE OF US ! I can't TELL you how lucky we were to have had our doctor. LOVED everyone there.
We left the babies in the nursery every night. I had THE best birthing experience (other than the side effects right after deliver) and LOVED my last of all times delivery.

The boys are so far DELIGHTFUL. They eat and sleep. for now and for now is as far as my wee little brain can go. :)

Life around us is crazy. and I mean FUCKING crazy. WHO decided to do this and WHY ? is something that we are searching for the answers to and when I can get to it, will put down in words for you.
Lets just say there is some MAJOR adjustments going on.

It has taken me ALL day to get this post written, so I leave you, well those of you who made it through, until my next post.
Au'voir !

P.S. A HUGE SHOUT OUT to all of our friends and blogger buddies who have been so supportive with their love and kindness. and for all of those sweet comments. Thanks.
And especially a big thanks to those of you preparing and delivering food. If you ONLY KNEW how much it means to these tired old women :) and to the spawns of Satan formally known as our children who also get to enjoy it. MUCH Love and gratitude !
You have read this article with the title Our birth story !. You can bookmark this page URL https://playing-home.blogspot.com/2008/08/our-birth-story.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Our birth story !"