OK ! She claims she forgot that the baby was in the car. Whether that is true or not (as I can't imagine "forgetting" my baby, but you hear about it all of the time) is not for me to say. I don't think that her plan was to kill her baby.
So my question is. Why is this story and situation ANY different than the family at Sugarhouse park who while singing happy birthday to a family member let their 18 month old slip away and drowned in the duck pond?
Or the kids (and there are SOOOO many) who are run over by cars backing up.
Or the babies who fall down a flight of stairs.
My point is....if the parent(s) were RIGHT there, and didn't momentarily "forget" about their children, they would be ok too.
Now I'm NOT saying that the other parents should be prosecuted for what happened to their child. I'm simply saying, why prosecute THIS MOTHER? Why press charges and make her seem SO neglectful? Is losing your child payment enough? As a mother, losing my child would be MORE than payment.
And no....parents who beat, starve, and mentally abuse their children should be punished. Losing their children is not punishment enough.
These 2 stories I mentioned, the car, and the park deaths...happened days apart and I was confused as to why one mother was being beat up and the other given sympathy.
I hate reading the news.
You have read this article with the title Neglect. Punishment.. You can bookmark this page URL https://playing-home.blogspot.com/2008/07/neglect-punishment.html. Thanks!
No comment for "Neglect. Punishment."
Post a Comment