Living life day by day. Every day is a gift - playing-home.blogspot.com -

First BIG step

Today, I went ENT and Audiology testing - they referred me to different place now (urgh..) as I had audiology recently and it still good two years ago. First step was done! Now going into Second step for more testing to see if I'm candidate for CI. I want to emphasize this... Yes, I am thinking about getting CI that does NOT means that I'm no longer Deaf... I AM STILL DEAF no matter what! I born with it! It will be always in me! I told my mom about it. She supported me all the way. She said - I will always love you no matter what you are! She accepts me for who I am. DEAF, LESBIAN, Tomboy, might be a little crazy ( I don't know...)and whatever other people labels me... I once asked her - Do you ever wish that I'm hearing. She said - sometime but God created you for a reason and I am ok with his decision. Anyway...

CI is a tool to help me to hear. I know I won't be able to talk on phone or understand everything I hear. I just want to hear the music and sound of environment. I miss those! CI has more detail sounds than digital hearing aid. IF I'm not candidate to get CI then I probably will go for Digital hearing aid.

Wow...I had seen dr for CI. He's so nice! He explained to me - there is 5 steps before getting CI. I was like - huh? 5 steps!!! I just started and you said 5 steps. He smiled and said - often it takes 1 month! Oh boy all 5 steps in one month! He laughed. He's charming. He reminded me of snow white's prince. (oh gosh, I'm talking like a straight person)... anyway... Second step, it will take an hour which it will happen this coming Friday to see if I'm candidate or not. If I'm candidate then 3rd step is MRI/Ct Scan. 4th - seeing psychologist and psychiatrist. 5th step getting CI. Wow...
You have read this article with the title First BIG step. You can bookmark this page URL https://playing-home.blogspot.com/2008/07/first-big-step.html. Thanks!

No comment for "First BIG step"