Living life day by day. Every day is a gift - playing-home.blogspot.com -

A New Adventure!

"Just do the steps that you've been shown, by everyone you've ever known; until the dance becomes your very own..." ~Jackson Browne

Back in about 1990 I was at the Cabooze Bar in Minneapolis for the "Best Guitar Player in the Twin Cities" Contest. I had been watching some of the most well-known local musicians play, and each one, before playing their song, had named specific artists who had inspired them. I found myself listening for those influences, and thinking - yep I can hear that. Then this little hippie-type dude got up on the stage. Someone I had never seen before. He noted that he is inspired by "everything he sees and hears in this life and he hoped we all were too." Then he went on to play the most beautiful, original-sounding piece I had heard that night. It struck me as a very profound statement. If you really consciously take in all that life has to offer, you become this unique combination of all your experiences - truly original.

I see and hear inspiration everywhere! My hope in starting this blog is that I can share that with you, and maybe, if I'm really lucky, you will share it with me too!
You have read this article with the title A New Adventure!. You can bookmark this page URL https://playing-home.blogspot.com/2008/04/new-adventure.html. Thanks!

No comment for "A New Adventure!"