Living life day by day. Every day is a gift - playing-home.blogspot.com -

Leo's Girls




I stocked up on these "altoid" tins via the Buy/Sell/Trade board on Splitcoaststampers. They are such a versatile size and can fit many different things including gift cards...candy....and Lucy Lu Mighty Magnets.

First the tin...I used a sheet of double-sided Chatterbox DP. It was really the olive green/khaki color that I thought would be perfect...the other side is a fun saffron stripe pattern. Stampin' Up's Tres Chic background stamp image is FABulous, I love the different fonts that they used! I inked up a Design Original sticker that is made for bottle caps...I thought this image would be perfect for someone that recently graduated from Law School {I hope you're not reading this JW!}. Of course I had to add some bling {can you see them on the rim of the bottle cap? I orginally used my Quickie Glue pen and ended up realizing it wasn't going to work so I flicked off the crystals and re-glued them on with Crystal Effects....added the prima flower to soften everything up.

Open up the tin and viola....magnets! They are called "Leo's Girls". I can't pass up a good deal...50% off? I'll take 5 of them...LOL. I found these Lucy Lu Mighty Magnets on sale at the UW bookstore a couple years ago. I couldn't resist them and decided to do a project "around" them. I used the saffron striped side of the Chatterbox paper to line the interior of the tin...

Flip the tin and I added an oval scallop to include a congrats to the hard working graduate...hope she likes it...

~recipe~
Stamps: Stampin' Up Tres Chic, A Muse
Paper: Chatterbox
Ink: VersaFine Vintage Sepia, chalk ink, chocolate chip marker
Accessories: tin, misc M ribbon, bling, bottle cap, Design Original sticker, Lucy Lu Magnets, Oval Scallop punch, Prima flower





You have read this article altered tin with the title Leo's Girls. You can bookmark this page URL https://playing-home.blogspot.com/2008/02/leo-girls.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Leo's Girls"