Living life day by day. Every day is a gift - playing-home.blogspot.com -

Dinner Party !!!!

What do you do when your Mayor speaks out against a bill that passed for Partner Benefits.
Well, first I called his office several times. (he was out of town) so then I called his home phone number, got his cell phone number and called him. he answered.

Mayor : "Hello, this is Bill"
Me: "Hi Mayor shmeredy shmere, my name is blah blah blah, I would like to invite you over for dinner. "
Mayor : "What's the occassion" very jolly and in such good spirits.
Me : "Well sir, I live in your district and I'm gay. I have a partner and 3 kids, 2 on the way. I want you to come and meet us."
Mayor : "Well I'm out of town right now. I would like to talk to you more when I get back in town."
Me : "break bread with me Mayor. I'm certain you have lots to learn from me and my family."
Mayor : laughs nervously
I brought up what he said.....he worries that Salt Lake City's registry would spread to the suburbs. (read full story http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_8237567)
He danced....I told him he was dancing. He played nice.....I pushed the issues.
He made REALLY bad choices in phrases and words. I dismissed them and chalked it up to ignorance.
45 minutes later I ended it with...
Me: "Mayor do you know anyone who is gay....and I'm not talking about someone who works in your building who maybe looks like she plays on a softball team ? Have you ever TALKED about gay issues with someone who was gay?"
Mayor : "I do know someone who is gay. I have not talked about gay issues with him, no."
Me : "Well it's time you did. You are making decisions, you are pushing and voting and banning laws that affect us...don't you think you should at least know who you are talking about ?"

I gave him my home number and thanked him for taking time away from his family. He was in Idaho babysitting his grandchildren. :) hee hee hee
He's calling me when he gets back in town. We will meet, or he will come to my house or I will go to his.

Education. it's the first step to change.
(me, shaking my head. unbelievable)


DAMN that blogger...spell check and now insert link won't work !!! (shaking fists at computer)


RALLY TONIGHT FOLKS !!!!! See you there. 6pm. with bells on.
You have read this article with the title Dinner Party !!!!. You can bookmark this page URL https://playing-home.blogspot.com/2008/02/dinner-party.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Dinner Party !!!!"