I saw Mikaela has a pen. A pen!! She is going to do show and tell with a PEN! I tapped her shoulder, she was so happy to see me… I asked - whats up with PEN? She wanted to show the class that pen is mommy’s pen and love that pen. (bless her heart! - she found my pen in her backpack) I asked her if she would prefer to have the library book to show and tell. She was so happy. When it comes to her turn, She was so proudly stand and show the book… The book - “I miss you, stinky face“. Mikaela explained to the class why she loves that book. The DRAGON brought mama home! Dragon! Teacher decided to read out loud the book to the class. All of sudden, Mikaela stood up and signed to the class what teacher said from the book. (I was shocked! I had to feel my pulse - good news it is beating). She never did that before. She did a very good job! Future interpreter? All kids love that book! It’s really a cute book.
One specialist (something related to IEP thing - One of kids in Mikaela’s class has special needs - I couldn’t figure out what it is. Anyway… She came to me and started talking how she proud of Mikaela and its amazing that she knows signs. She also asked - How did she knows signs? I simply smiled and said - I’m deaf and can you repeat what you said please. (I understood her at first place…) She got off guard and said - no wonder why Mikaela so fluently with signs. I said - thanks and what did you said at the right beginning. She was kindly enough and repeat what she said to me at the beginning. I smiled and said thanks you and now you know why she’s signing. She said - she’s in awe of Mikaela.
Good Job Mikaela! Mommy will always proud of you my princess dragon (she will be upset if I say princess and didn’t add dragon in it - my girl!)
You have read this article interpreter /
mikaela
with the title Future Interpreter???. You can bookmark this page URL https://playing-home.blogspot.com/2007/10/future-interpreter.html. Thanks!
No comment for "Future Interpreter???"
Post a Comment