She makes the BEST breakfast, cookies and now muffins.
(TIME OUT)
OK, this post was supposed to be about my little muffin (wo)man.
TOTALLY my mistake to think that I could get caught up on my blogs while the boys took their morning nap.
Silence fell over my household and as I started downloading pictures for the original post I realized that silence is NEVER a good thing in my house.
OH GOD WHERE WAS SYDNEY ?
I headed for the garage door, expecting to find her in the van with gum in her mouth.
Oh no, I walked out the garage door to find an ENTIRE Costco box of dog bones spewed out across the floor. Sydney standing there with a towel and some kind of red liquid seeping in to every crack and crevice in the garage floor.
I covered my mouth and said, "Syd, what are you doing ?"
"I'm just giving the dog a bath mom"
"With GATORADE?!"
"Ya, she was dirty and it was her bath time"
"Syd, do not go in the garage any more. It is off limits for you"
I started cleaning up and Syd patted the dog, walked up the steps in to the house and said, "I'm sorry mommy, I'm sorry for making a mess."
It wasn't an apology with any empathy or feeling. It was a very matter of fact, boy that sucks kind of an apology. :) ha ha
Syd is now in her room taking a few minutes because shortly after cleaning up you know, trying the blog thing again...because COME ON...SHE CAN'T get in to trouble AGAIN....she tried to go back in to the garage. We had a short butting of heads and now here I am, and there she is.
Here are some pictures of happier times.
The whole time she was cooking, she was singing "Do you know the muffin man, the muffin man the muffin man" song. She is an amazing little person. I love the time that I get to spend with her.
(even right now, listening to her talk about Swiper as she plays with her Dora play dough at the kitchen table)
On to other news. We are heading to NYC next week. We fly in to Newark airport on Tuesday. Me, J, and 3 kids. Oh ma gaw marsha, what were you thinking ?
Thank God it's a non stop flight.
We are meeting 3 other 1/2 sibling families. I can't wait. You all know Life as a Rainbow and Mommy, Mama, and Cubs. We are also lucky to hook up with a 2 mom family with a little girl named Callie. (don't worry, by the time we get back they will be bloggers too :)
I will be blogging from the big Apple.
Can you just see it...Elyse, Toni, and me fighting over who gets to use the computer first. (note to self, check to see if hotel has a business center with computers)
I am so excited ! We have forged a relationship through email and phone calls and it will be SO fun to meet them face to face.
It will also be fun to compare kids. We already have an idea who looks alike. I guess we will see.
WHO KNOWS....we may be on Dateline. Just wait and see !
You have read this article with the title Do you know the Muffin Man ?. You can bookmark this page URL https://playing-home.blogspot.com/2007/09/do-you-know-muffin-man.html. Thanks!
No comment for "Do you know the Muffin Man ?"
Post a Comment