Living life day by day. Every day is a gift - playing-home.blogspot.com -

Home again, home again, lickity split !

I'm done being a single mom. (exhale)
I have to say, on a whole I would never want to be a single mother. I can't imagine the hardships women face being responsible for their families. Trying to balance work, family, and all of the other duties that come with taking care of the house.
That said, it really wasn't so bad. I think I was mentally prepared for it so things ran quite smoothly. The kids slept better than they have all month.

I've learned that my kids are FULLY aware that I am the disciplinarian and that Mommy is a push over. I know this because they behaved for me and our bed time routine lacked the..."I need a drink", "I need you to rock me", "I'm upset and can't sleep" thing.
The funny thing is, by 4:30 pm yesterday I was done. I felt like JUST before my wife came home, like any other work day, I was READY for her to be home and couldn't imagine another night by myself.

When mommy was away the kids will play. We pulled the cushions off of the couch and jumped like circus people.
















We have BBQ's, scrapbooking, and date night this weekend. It's a full schedule and I'm looking forward to the break.

J is out working on the playhouse. It has a 2nd floor lid now, I'm attaching a picture.
As you can see it's already drawing a crowd. We've already got kids from the neighborhood playing in it.
(Sadie who is catching a ball, looks as if she's howling at the moon...nice camera shot)
You have read this article with the title Home again, home again, lickity split !. You can bookmark this page URL https://playing-home.blogspot.com/2007/05/home-again-home-again-lickity-split.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Home again, home again, lickity split !"