Living life day by day. Every day is a gift - playing-home.blogspot.com -

Things that I didn't know....

Things that I didn't know....
Its good to be back home again! Kids and I were gone to upstate NY for my brother's girl friend baby shower and at the same time kids seeing grandparents, uncles, aunts, cousins, and others.

During stay at my sister's place, my sister T and my mom had shared with me many things that I didn't know. For examples:

Kyron was singing (humming) to sleep. I never knew. Kyron could say some words - mor - for more, ella for mikaela, doggy, mama, mommy, milky and others.

Mikaela sings well. She could talk funny like comedian. It made people laugh so hard. I was puzzled and concerned that they might make fun of her talking (voice). I asked my sister T - why are they laughing. T said Mikaela sings so funny song - talk about family and friends, she makes up the song and stories. I asked is it about her voice? T was like huh? Voice? I explained ya know... Deaf talk. She said ohhhh no no she didn’t use deaf voice to sing the song. Later that night, T said - wow... Mikaela knows when to use deaf voice. She came to me - with sign - milk with deaf voice. I said ok you may have milk - ask T if she could get you one as I was busy. She ran to T and asked her if she could get her milk. T said she was saying milk right way but not to me - She was using deaf voice. Wow... She knows when to use. It’s amazing to see how kids know by naturally.

We had a baby shower for my brother’s girl friend, C. There were some kids. They asked Mikaela, do you want potato chips. Mikaela always said, “I have I to ask my mommy first.” Mikaela do say excuse me or thank you. Many of my family/relatives and friends asked my mom, how did Tonya raise their kids so polite and respect? My mom asked me, “They want to know the secret of raising polite children.” I was like – huh? There is no secret. Discipline with reasoning and love. I have no idea. I thought all kids should’ve known. But I didn’t know that many children are not like that. I was a little sad to learn that but at the same time I have to be proud of our kids. Hope they will continue when they get older (*crossed finger*). (Sure wish they were that angel and polite at home – argh!)



Kyron's "first fall into puddle"
3/25/07
















What had happened? Kyron was playing outside - puddle on driveway. He was trying to lean and touch the puddle. He lost his balance and his face was into the puddle. It was so funny to watch him but at the same time, it breaks my heart seeing him crying and got marks on his cutie face. :o( Yet, he went out and played with puddle again.)
(taken picture 3 days later - It was much bigger but good news that he's healing)
It's good to be home again! Mikaela was thrilled to be back home. I asked why - She said - Cold up there -- here warm! My sister and parents' house - still have snow on the ground and temp was about 45 to 50 degrees. While here - much warmer - flowers start to blossom. 70 to 80's here.

Kids want to go out and play... Gotta run - can't beat beautiful weather! :o)
You have read this article ASL / deaf / fall / Kyron / mikaela / talk with the title Things that I didn't know..... You can bookmark this page URL https://playing-home.blogspot.com/2007/03/things-that-i-didn-know.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Things that I didn't know...."