
My wife has Bronchitis. She is So damn sick !
She's been sick with something for the last 6 weeks. I am to the point that when she mentions not feeling 100 % I cringe and roll my eyes.
It's her card to pull that allows her to sleep and freedom from taking care of the kids....something that I NEVER get to do.
I share the responsibility, but the responsibility is ALWAYS there.
This last time she said she was sick I didn't even acknowledge her. She laid around, whining every once in a while. Syd was getting over her pink eye and so I had to take her temperature...she resisted this procedure and the only way I was able to get her to consent was to let her take mommies temperature. I took hers and it was 99.8. She walks over and takes mommies temperature....101.0. I stepped back...oh shit, I guess she is sick. Something I didn't say out loud of course.
I woke up on my scrapbooking day Sunday, she had been hacking all night long. I called to cancel and J scratches "go, I'll be fine". My skin crawls....the only thing I had to look forward to. A few hours to myself to do something that I love.
I called the neighbors and asked them if they wanted to take the boys to church (something they love to do) and called my mom to take Syd.
It was set in play and I spent the next 9 hours working on a total of 4 pages. Yes I know, I am SUPER productive. :)
Throughout the week there was more pills, syrups, whining, coughing. By Wednesday even the guys at work were telling her she shouldn't be there. As she couldn't stop coughing even for a few minutes she decided to call her doctor.
They couldn't get her in until Thursday, it's a good thing it wasn't life threatening. It was confirmed....she had bronchitis. She came home her eyes were blood shot from coughing so hard. She went to bed and by Friday she hit rock bottom. She coughed so hard that her eyes were swollen, she peed a little, puked a little and started her period. She hasn't had a period in 6 months (menopause...lucky bitch) I went to get medicine yesterday and again last night after everyone was in bed. Poor baby.
I tell her every night as I crawl in to bed after a day from hell, "I hope you feel better tomorrow". I really do hope she feels better, but I feel as if it's a little selfish on my part and not something endearing you say to someone you love who is on deaths door step. I always finish it up with, I love you and I stretch my foot across the empty ginormous bed to find hers. (the boys are now sleeping in their cribs...another blog, another day)
Today she has at least been up. Her voice is still gone but she doesn't look half dead.
If you give this to my babies, I will kill you :)....I love you honey !
In other news....Cam got pink eye this week. Not as bad as his sister...so far no fever or ear infections. Just eye drops for him !
He also got another tooth.
Spencer has been my sweetheart face. I want to kiss him all over. He's not sick. He's been so good. He's definitely my favorite person ! :)
You have read this article bronchitis /
hysterical coughing /
picking favorites /
pink eye
with the title Single Motherhood. You can bookmark this page URL https://playing-home.blogspot.com/2007/02/single-motherhood.html. Thanks!
No comment for "Single Motherhood"
Post a Comment