Living life day by day. Every day is a gift - playing-home.blogspot.com -

New Funky, Messy Journal...

Hi everyone and happy Saturday! Last night I worked on another technique in the Child's Play Workshop. The technique was to emboss with gesso and stencils. For my first attempt I used some kid's alpha stencils and added a little apricot paint to my gesso. Here's how it turned out...
I decided my gesso is a little too watery for this technique. The word dream turned out a little muddied. For this page I still like it tho cuz it looks sorta dreamy - no? I might do a little scribbly outlining around the letters to define them more.

I decided I needed something thicker, so I found a super old (we're talking about 20 years - ha) tube of white paint that had gotten really thick, and used that along with a crafter's workshop stencil.....
That worked a lot better. The image is thick and crisp. This truly feels like child's play and I am having so much fun with it!

Next, I used Alma's tutorial and turned all of my prepped magazine pages into nice thick and messy journal pages. I sandwiched five plain magazine pages in between two prepped pages and sewed them up...

I'm so excited cuz I now have enough to make a nice thick, juicy journal! Here's another view of the stack...
I'm thinking I might bind them "Urban Journal" style with some more sewing.

Now, I just need to wait for my spirograph to arrive and I can do the very last assignment in the Child's Play workshop.

While I wait, I think I will finish up my Goddess Guides Page.

What are you up to this weekend?
You have read this article with the title New Funky, Messy Journal.... You can bookmark this page URL http://playing-home.blogspot.com/2011/04/new-funky-messy-journal.html. Thanks!

No comment for "New Funky, Messy Journal..."