Living life day by day. Every day is a gift - playing-home.blogspot.com -

modern cameo and giftie set

Happy Friday!

I have a couple things to share with you today....

First up is a cameo card...

I picked up the Maya Road Mini Chipboard set from Ellen's....


The chippies have been painted with Adirondack Espresso and Lettuce paint dabbers.  I've had them for awhile and finally cracked them open.  I love the 'texture' that the acrylic paint gives the chipboard.  I added the Queen and Co pearls...I used the Hero Arts Music Background with memento rich cocoa ink.

I actually originally envisioned an ATC...but ended up mounting it onto the Stampin' Up Chocolate Chip Cardstock....  I love the contrast of the panels.

I was inspired by the CR84FN22:


Next up is a giftie set of mini 3 x 3 cards:


Seriously, Hambly paper just 'sings'...you really don't have to add much to them...

I did alter a tin for the cards...they will be packaged up with some glassine envies.


In the set there are 2 cards with embellies...


I decided to not make all the cards 'bumpy' in case the recipient wants to actually send them out without having to mess with extra postage!


The diecut and sentiments are a combo of 2 different PTI sets...


The stitching is a nice touch on such petite cards...


The set has been made especially for one of my friends.  We will be celebrating her belated birthday festivities soon.  She's a pretty clean & simple girl...so I kept the overall design specific to her.

I was inspired by the current Waltzing Mouse Sketch Challenge, Mini Cards:


I was also inspired by one of the new Moxie Fab World Challenges:


350 Cards & Gifts Week:  The Card Sets Challenge

I love that Cath says  to 'give away' your challenge set... I'm a prolific card maker but it takes me forever to send out or give my projects aways...what's up with that?!  I do have to admit that going to the post office is something I really dread...there is always a line but luckily the peeps at my local post office are super fun.  I welcome Cath's challenge....and thank you Cath:)  

**art**


Check it out....I had the boy take a pic of me with my phone...I'm standing in front of the Pike Place Market's Gum Wall.  

The kids and I spent the day yesterday like tourists...did a ton of walking in Downtown Seattle.  We brought along one of the kids' friends...tired her out:)  We toured the Olympic Sculpture Park...had lunch at the Spaghetti Factory...walked around the Pike Place Market...I may have had to come back home to take a power nap!

Last thing...


Pop on over to the Flashback Friday Challenge blog....a new challenge is UP now:)  We have a great new and fabbie Sponsor....Emily Keaton, my Flashback Friday 10.0 Guest Designer has picked an oh-so-fun challenge!!!!
You have read this article CR84FN / ellen hutson / hambly / hero arts / maya road / memento rich cocoa / paint / pti / stampin' up / waltzing mouse challenge with the title modern cameo and giftie set. You can bookmark this page URL http://playing-home.blogspot.com/2011/04/modern-cameo-and-giftie-set.html. Thanks!

No comment for "modern cameo and giftie set"