Living life day by day. Every day is a gift - playing-home.blogspot.com -

It's Child's Play...

Hi everyone! I spent all night last night playing like a child and let me tell you it's so therapeutic. The third workshop I am taking as a part of 21 Secrets is called "Child's Play" and the super-talented Alma Stoller is the teacher. I'm so excited to share what I've been doing!

The first thing we did was prep magazine pages. I played with five different techniques and prepped over 40 magazine pages for journaling or collaging with! Here's just a sampling of magazine and book pages drying in the scraproom...

Then, I made my own stamps out of sponges. I used the expandable sponges, which start out almost as thin as paper, so you can draw on them and cut them out pretty easily...


Then you add water and poof, they turn into sponges! Here's how mine looked after I was done stamping with them...
The circle stamp with the strings on it is another technique we learned in the class. Very fun and unique.


and here are just a few of the papers after they were prepped and them stamped on...
I will definitely be doing more handmade stampmaking. This is taking my journaling to a whole new level - it's a real horizon-expander!

I will be back next time with another Child's Play update! Thank you so much for visiting!!!
You have read this article with the title It's Child's Play.... You can bookmark this page URL http://playing-home.blogspot.com/2011/04/it-child-play_06.html. Thanks!

No comment for "It's Child's Play..."