Living life day by day. Every day is a gift - playing-home.blogspot.com -

Wrapped Tape Binding and more Soul Journaling...

I took LK Ludwig's "Just Three Journals" workshop back in November, and loved it; although I hadn't gotten up the nerve to try binding my journal until last night. I made the cover and pages, but I was a bit intimidated by what looked like some intricate sewing. I'm happy to say that I tried it last night and it wasn't hard at all! I finished the whole thing and am so happy with my new journal! Here's how it turned out...
For the cover I covered plain chipboard with a few layers of sewing patterns. Then some gesso circles and a painted flower.


The inner pages were torn from big sheets of Stonehenge paper, and painted individually before binding.

and here's the binding. It's called "Wrapped Straps..."
I have an idea of how I am going to fill it - I will let you know if it works out once I try it. LK Ludwig is having a big sale on her classes right now. If you are interested check it out here.


Here's another page in my Soul Journal. It's not finished yet. I'm letting it simmer. There's journaling covered by tape covered by paint with cut up copies of my older journal pages...

Monday the new 21 Secrets Workshop goes on sale. It looks awesome! Check it out here.

Thanks for visiting!
You have read this article with the title Wrapped Tape Binding and more Soul Journaling.... You can bookmark this page URL http://playing-home.blogspot.com/2011/03/wrapped-tape-binding-and-more-soul_12.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Wrapped Tape Binding and more Soul Journaling..."