Living life day by day. Every day is a gift - playing-home.blogspot.com -

Playing with lace

I have been playing with some of the laces and buttons in my collections - I sewed this little piece using mostly Prima laces that I won last fall - the brooch was my grandmother's.
Don't you just love that little button with the mushroom on it? It came from a red corduroy jumper that I had as a little girl. I found the button in my mother's button box - what memories!

I have so many wonderful new toys to play with right now - I received the March Jenni Bowlin kit (purchased partly with the gift certificate that I won) and a fantastic fiber selection, hand dyed ribbons, and a stamp from Joggles (won a gift certificate from the Sketchbook Challenge), a few new Prima papers and flowers from the lss in Sarasota (all they had was Moulin rouge, which isn't my favorite but if I want to continue doing the BAPs, I needed a bit of new product), some new watercolor paints, a  Visual journal, a book from the Ringling Museum about the fantastic botanical illustration exhibit that they have going on right now, and a cool watercolor book by the Alexander brothers that I have been wanting and found for just a dollar.  Life is so abundant!  Happy happy!

I feel a bit sad to be so happy when there is so much suffering in Japan. I cannot begin to imagine how terrible life is there right now. I am sending prayers as I know all of you are also. This year has seen so much suffering and upheaval in just 3 months -

Be sure to check back tomorrow for the new These are a few of my favorite things challenge - and please send get well soon thoughts to Julie T-W, the boss of TAAFOMFT.  Both she and her sweet daughter Brookie had surgery last week.

You have read this article fabric / lace with the title Playing with lace. You can bookmark this page URL http://playing-home.blogspot.com/2011/03/playing-with-lace.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Playing with lace"