Living life day by day. Every day is a gift - playing-home.blogspot.com -

Paperissues blog hop!!!!!!!

Welcome to my blog, and if you are here because of the http://paperissues.blogspot.com/ blog hop, a second welcome and hope you like what you see.  Our theme was favorites - so here is an altered frame project that is full of my favorites - the background is a watercolor painting of azaleas that I painted; the photo is of azaleas in my yard (so love them and this year the bushes were super abundant with blossoms - such a fantastic display of color!); the flowers are Prima (a favorite mfg), and piling on embellishments is one of my favorite methods of creation for layouts, altered items, and cards.
This project was actually done on the inside/backside of a prestretched canvas (I had used the other/right side for another project a while back and when I was looking through my storage cabinet for a frame, decided to take it apart and use it for this project. The painting was done on watercolor paper, glued to the canvas and then I added all of the "stuff". Finally I painted the canvas frame with pink and green acrylic paints and added the butterflies (some old but cherished K&co chipboard butterflies).


Hope you like this. The next blog on the blog hop is http://gretchenmac.blogspot.com/2011/03/hoppity-hop.html .  Be sure to check out all of the DT blogs and the main Paperissues blog - many of the DT members will be giving away RAKs and a
Paper Issues Store RAK
will be sent to randomly picked hopper who follows the http://paperissues.blogspot.com/ blog so check it out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I know that lots of the other bloggers are offering RAKS on their individual blogs. You have until April 2 to hippity hop!!!!!

Cheesecake Factory sent me a $10 gift card because we ate at one when we were on a trip and since we don't have one here, I will RAK it off - just mention that you would like it or put CF or something like that in your comment.

AND I just received the Spring 2011 issue of Somerset Memories, in which I have 2 layouts, on pages 32 and page 55. They also show one of my handmade flowers on page 146. I am so so so excited and thrilled!!!!
ttfn
Chris
You have read this article altered art / paperissues with the title Paperissues blog hop!!!!!!!. You can bookmark this page URL http://playing-home.blogspot.com/2011/03/paperissues-blog-hop.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Paperissues blog hop!!!!!!!"