Living life day by day. Every day is a gift - playing-home.blogspot.com -

A little madness in the spring is good for the king (and the queen too)!

Right now..........
I am painting flowers
I am enjoying our fabulous weather

I am relishing the soft pastels of spring (really on a color kick - my library got exploring colour by Julia Caprara through interlibrary loan for me - it was recommended on Julie Balzer's blog and is a fantastic book about - what else - exploring color! Filled with exercises on thinking about and experimenting with color - it is really a book about using color in embroidery but the concepts are perfect for painting or any other art - I am working on - no, I am playing with a personal color collection and am getting some great ideas for using color in my art)

I am drinking a cup of tea

I am listening to Immortal memory by Lisa Gerrard
 I am loving this little thrifted vase (I love to get these little things out from my linen closet - it's the best of both new (like shopping) and old (like cherished friends)
 I am loving all my new Jenni Bowlin toys (and the old ones too)
I am playing with my spool collection - putting on display some of the most spring-like colors

So, there you have it!

Yesterday I was pretty down - the whole Japanese disaster is beyond my comprehension and I feel such sorrow for their plight. Plus on a personal level, the bills are coming in for my little surgeries, and our home insurance bill came - up 15% - just killer for the budget!

BUT you just have to laugh in a black humor way when the Federal Reserve tells us that we have no inflation - I loved the story in the NY Times about the NY Fed chief talking to a crowd in Queens who were complaining about inflation in food and energy. He told them that we don't have inflation - after all, the new Ipad2 is the same price as the original Ipad - so the commenter said "Let them eat Ipads!!!!!!" and someone else said, "Well, you know, Queens is a tough audience!"  My DH and I were cracking up at lunch today, he made a joke about eating a "big mac" but I said if you got indigestion from eating your Mac, would that be a "mac attack"?  and of course it degenerated from there.......I am wondering though about how to season my old laptop - definitely some garlic and possibly some rosemary (for memory/remembrance, you know!!!)

Anyway, today I am enjoying the abundance of my life. I am truly thankful for my family, my home, my health, my cat, and my friends - and that includes you - thanks so much for reading!
ttfn
Chris
You have read this article Jenni Bowlin / watercolor with the title A little madness in the spring is good for the king (and the queen too)!. You can bookmark this page URL http://playing-home.blogspot.com/2011/03/little-madness-in-spring-is-good-for.html. Thanks!

No comment for "A little madness in the spring is good for the king (and the queen too)!"