Living life day by day. Every day is a gift - playing-home.blogspot.com -

Another Week of Art Journaling Every Day...

It's time for another "Art Journal Every Day" update!

I have gotten into a morning ritual of writing in my "pre-smashbook" aka Field Journal, aka "Chronicles of Ravenea." Lots of days its just plain writing...

but I also tape in ephemera and pictures of things that inspire me...

anything goes, and I find it's a great warmup for my day...

I've also been doing more work in my Soul Journal. I finished this prompt tonight - it's called Collage Potpourri and it has many layers which we were to mix up in any fashion we please...
There's ephemera, gesso, splatters, stencils, journaling, tape, wash, and more. I really like how it turned out. There are two more collage potpourri prompts coming up and I am excited to get started on them!

Julie is taking signups for March now, and I'm on the list - are you? I was a regular art journaler before, but I am really delving into it now and enjoying it so much. I was honored to see that Julie featured my bird sketch on her blog! And Marit has an awesome journal page there too! It's fun to have the weekly updates from Julie, and also to see all of the other participant's work! Here's a new blog I've found through the challenge that I just love:

The Lost Coast Post
(if you scroll down a little bit you will see the most awesome purple owl ever!)

Click here to go to Julie's blog for more info on the Art Journal Every Day Project (and to see Marit's and my journal pages!).

The new challenge just went up at Scrapping The Music and it's a good one! We are featuring "Chances Are," by Five For Fighting as our tribute to the movie "The Blind Side," and guess what? My friend Anne is our guest designer for March and April, so watch for her awesome designs!!! Come on over and see what the design team did for this one - and perhaps you will be inspired to play along??!!! We'd love to see what you create! Click here to go to the prompt.

Also, the beginning of the month means there is a new prompt up at The Sketchbook Challenge. This month it's "spilling over." I already have some ideas. Check it out by clicking the widget in the sidebar or click here.
You have read this article with the title Another Week of Art Journaling Every Day.... You can bookmark this page URL http://playing-home.blogspot.com/2011/03/another-week-of-art-journaling-every_02.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Another Week of Art Journaling Every Day..."