Living life day by day. Every day is a gift - playing-home.blogspot.com -

Springtime joy

Spring, the sweet spring, is the year’s pleasant king,
Then blooms each thing, then maids dance in a ring,
Cold doth not sting, the pretty birds do sing:
    Cuckoo, jug-jug, pu-we, to-witta-woo!
- Thomas Nashe
Azaleas in my yard - some in bloom and some just ready to pop!


I changed out the decor in my house for spring and St. Patrick's Day - a Belleek vase, a little cream pitcher from a garage sale, and a little green toothpick holder from Kansas City (belonged to my mother). My son gave me the Bud Light necklace (LOL!) He is now part of the 250 club at WOB (World of Beer)!?! 
I changed out the quilts on the walls and took the heavy quilt off the bed - isn't it funny how when you have white walls, they can appear to be tinted depending on what accessories you have. I put blue quilts on the walls in the bedroom and the blue is being reflected onto the walls - this is great in the summer down here - our bedroom feels cool and simple.
What are you doing to get ready for Spring? Oh yes, I know that most of you are still experiencing cold weather and maybe even snow and ice (I did live in KC MO and in Denver for much of my life), but with the sun light being at a different angle, it is beginning to feel like Spring. And oh yes, the birds here are singing their little heads off - other than our mockingbird who sings half the night, it is glorious (and secretly I love the mockingbird too).
Happy days!
Chris

You have read this article spring with the title Springtime joy. You can bookmark this page URL http://playing-home.blogspot.com/2011/02/springtime-joy.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Springtime joy"