Living life day by day. Every day is a gift - playing-home.blogspot.com -

Playtime for Hana and me!

"Slow down and enjoy life. It's not only the scenery you miss by going too fast - you also miss the sense of where you are going and why."
- Eddie Cantor
Say hello to Hana, the ironing board cat! She knows that there is more to life than ironing and that an ironing board can be a cutting board, a planning station, and a nap site.
I have two fabric projects in process on the ironing board right now. I am one of those people who cannot sit down and create - I must be standing up - so the height of the ironing board is perfect for me to stand, cut, arrange, rearrange, sew, paste, and just generally create.
I will be going on a couple of trips in the next few months so I thought I would cut out a new quilt top, package the blocks in baggies, and take them with me to sew. One of my trips involves a long plane ride so I need something to do (of course, I will have a book too) and I love to hand piece quilt blocks. The name of this quilt will be Haute Chocolate, and it will be in shades of browns, caramels, creams, and blacks with perhaps a few hints of muted pinks or muted blues - quilts never end quite as you plan them - they take on their own life and sometimes you end up using fabrics that you never dreamed you would. I should have almost enough in my stash to make the quilt without needing to buy any - but of course, you never know when the perfect piece might just call your name.
Thanks for reading
ttfn
Chris


You have read this article with the title Playtime for Hana and me!. You can bookmark this page URL http://playing-home.blogspot.com/2011/02/playtime-for-hana-and-me.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Playtime for Hana and me!"