Living life day by day. Every day is a gift - playing-home.blogspot.com -

I hereby solemnly swear.....

I hereby solemnly swear to be a better blogger!! Whew, has it been awhile since I have paid this blog any attention!! Sometimes life hands you a boat load and that's basically what's happened here!! So many things have been keeping me from this and I really miss it! I miss it because if I am not posting something here then I am not crafting and that is not good! Crafting is a relaxer for me and I need to be more mindful for making sure I have time to enjoy it!

But, last week we had a MAJOR storm come through Maine and for that matter New England. We moved here from Florida and have been through tropical storms and hurricanes down there. Well, this storm that came last Thursday dished out nothing short of hurricane force winds and rain for two days straight! We were in bed on Thursday evening and heard a tremendous force of wind around 1030pm and that was it for our power. We decided there was not much we could do then, so stayed in bed and went back to sleep. Although, I did not sleep much as the wind was so loud it sounded like a train outside our window. Honestly, I don't tend to be a wimp but I was scared laying there. And then at 200am a tremendous "boom boom boom" shook our house and my husband and I bolted up in bed and thought it sounded like the house was falling apart! We ran out towards our great room were it sounded like the noise was coming from. Once there we discovered it was coming from my craft room!! :(

Our metal roof had been partially torn off by the wind and was smashing the windows in my craft room!! We were horrified! We fanatically started moving things into the great room, not knowing if the whole roof would rip off and not being able to do anything about it as it was still ragging outside.

We ended up losing power for four days, although, we had a generator which powered our furnace, refrigerator, some lights and water. The house has been repaired and I am slowly putting things back together in my craft room. The morning of the storm, I had made this card for a friend who had embroidered some kitchen towels for me for my birthday last week! She even brought some cake for me too...


I used my Cricut to cut the butterflies. I used a few Cuttlebug embossing folders for the backgrounds and some Dazzling Diamonds on the butterflies.


I originally saw a similar card over on Kerin's blog and cased it.
Thanks for stopping by...


You have read this article cards / MTC / pictures with the title I hereby solemnly swear...... You can bookmark this page URL http://playing-home.blogspot.com/2010/03/i-hereby-solemnly-swear.html. Thanks!

No comment for "I hereby solemnly swear....."

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...